There is a stream that cuts across our back yard. Yesterday, it seemed completely frozen. Yet, as I looked at it up close I realized that, right under the ice, there was this faint vein of water moving. There is life at the bottom of this stream.
There are frogs, fish, and all kinds of creatures snug in the mud, waiting and preparing for the thaw. Spring is coming and when the temperatures are right and the environment hospitable, they’ll find their way to the surface and they’ll begin yet another cycle.
We too are creatures of nature. We live our life in cycles; endings and new beginnings and everything in between. Every cycle has its own purpose and tasks that we need to accomplish. The better we are at observing ourselves and being aware of what’s going on inside, the easier and more purposeful our transitions become.
Pay attention to your thoughts, the kind of language you’re using, and the way your body feels.
- Are you looking at your surroundings and wondering why you haven’t done anything to change a few things?
- Are you contemplating your relationships and realizing that some of them have run their course and you’re finally ready to let them go?
- Have you started feeling more energetic and excited, only you’re not sure why?
- Do you catch yourself dreaming of new possibilities and different ways of doing things?
- Are you ready to look ahead and make some plans?
If that’s the case, why not start by clearing the decks? Let go of the old and unwanted, clean your space and your mind, and make room for something new. I don’t know about you but I always clear my slate when I’m ready to start planning.
This month’s posts will be all about our exit strategy . . . exiting Winter that is and coming to the surface for a breath of fresh air and brand new possibilities. Stay tuned . . .
In addition to her work with individual clients, Yota speaks and writes on mindful living, overcoming self-doubt, and the art of letting go.
Latest posts by Yota Schneider (see all)
- Full Speed Ahead? Not So Fast. - March 10, 2015
- Saying No: An Act of Self-Care and Self-Respect and It Doesn’t Have to Be Hard. - August 10, 2014
- Take the plunge – Expect a miracle - July 15, 2014